Страницы

Monday, December 26, 2016

Nuclear security

The Air Force Is Hopeful on Trump's Nuclear-Weapons Plan
Military officials interviewed for this article largely downplayed concerns about Trump’s fitness to control nukes. Instead, they portrayed the nuclear arsenal as one of the few weapons enterprises supported by presidential administrations regardless of party affiliation. 

"I would be lying if I said we don't wonder. Of course we do. But I tell you what, I am just absolutely confident,” Maj. Gen. Michael Fortney, vice commander of Air Force Global Strike Command, said when asked about how a Trump presidency could affect the nuclear enterprise. 

“Every administration from the time I've been alive has supported the nuclear triad, a strong deterrent assured force. And the need for that strong deterrent assured force is going to be just as strong in January as it is today," he said. "So I am confident for the need for the systems that we have that do deter and do assure our allies and partners, that's going to be seen from any administration. The next one and the one after that." 

No comments:

Post a Comment