Страницы

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Military procurement corruption

“I met people who offered me a significant percentage if I were to sign an extension to the contract for maintenance of MiG military aircrafts, which expires in September 2015 and probably will not be renewed,” Nenchev stated, as cited by the newswire. Bulgarian Minister of Defense Nikolai Nenchev has notified prosecutors about a proposed briber proposal as well as death threats that he received in bids to induce him to extend a multi-million dollar contract with an unnamed Russian firm for maintenance of Bulgarian MiG military aircrafts, the Bulgarian newswire, The Sofia Globe, reported April 24.

“I met people who offered me a significant percentage if I were to sign an extension to the contract for maintenance of MiG military aircrafts, which expires in September 2015 and probably will not be renewed,” Nenchev stated, as cited by the newswire. “Death threats have also been made against me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment